“Teaching and learning in our Catholic schools
involves more that providing academic instruction. It is about nurturing the individual - academically, spiritually, emotionally, physically - equipping students with lifelong skills to become compassionate and contributing adults,” Dr Cathy Day
All school staff play a significant role in a whole-of-school approach to valuing the uniqueness and diversity of each student. By providing a safe and supportive environment that responds to individual needs, all students can engage with the curriculum.
Townsville Catholic Education Office is committed to supporting and educating each and every student to his or her potential. Through the use of inclusive practices,
The Learning Framework developed by the Townsville Catholic Education Office also provides direction for all who work with students in our schools. Fundamental to teaching and learning are the following beliefs about learners and learning:
- We support increasing flexibility to accommodate individual learning
needs,because we believe in recognising the uniqueness of the individual learner.
- We support learning activities that engage student interest and
motivation,because we believe that learners are the centre of the curriculum.
- We seek ways to extend appropriate learning opportunities beyond existing
boundaries,because we believe in developing the potential of every learner.
- We accommodate diversity so that cultural and individual differences do not compromise learning
opportunities,because we believe in equity.
- We proclaim that Jesus gives meaning to life and
learning,because we believe in Jesus as the way, the truth and the life.
- We support learning environments that sustain positive relationships particularly between teachers and students, because we believe people are our most valuable learning resource. (Learning Framework, 2015 - 2019)
“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10)
Peter Stower: Director - Learning and Teaching
Megan Wuersching: Curriculum Adviser
Nicole Beltramelli: Curriculum Adviser
Sharyn Bell: Curriculum Adviser