Townsville Catholic Education is strongly committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education in our Catholic schools.
Our vision is that through developing successful partnerships with our communities Catholic schools in our diocese will:
- Operate on the principles of equity, social justice and inclusivity
- Offer relevant and inspiring learning programs to ensure better educational experiences and eliminate barriers to student success
- Recognise the unique cultural and geographic contexts of Catholic education in the Townsville diocese
- Understand, respect and embed Indigenous perspectives in the curriculum
- Be supported by services offered by Indigenous Education
- Involve Indigenous families in the education of their children
- Work with community partners to improve learning opportunities and educational outcomes
- Support students in achieving their learning and future planning goals
- Develop a shared vision of educational outcomes for all students
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land the Bindal and Wulgurukaba people and pay our respects to the elders both past, present and future for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hopes of Aboriginal Australia.
We must always remember that under the concrete and asphalt this land, is, was and always will be traditional Aboriginal land.