What is the Indigenous Youth Development Program (IYDP)?
The Indigenous Youth Development Program (IYDP) offers scholarships to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander secondary students from remote or regional communities. Students who have the aspirations to further their skills in sport, the arts and achieving academically will benefit most from this scholarship. The IYDP scholarship aims to support students who currently attend or wish to have the opportunity to study at a Secondary College within the Townsville Diocese offering this program (see list of Secondary Colleges below).
Please note applications have closed for 2015 & 2016.
IYDP aspires to prepare Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander secondary students to meet the challenges of schooling and adolescence through a coordinated and scaffolded series of activities and strategies that will give all students the tools to become academically, socially, morally, emotionally, physically and cognitively competent as they move from adolescence to adulthood and school to post school pathways. IYDP will work in partnership with parent, carers, communities and schools to ensure that the program:
- Meets the varied needs of scholarship recipients by providing on-going wrap around support and the implement programs and events to maximise academic achievement, sport and the arts; and
- Assists participating colleges to continuously improve education outcomes for Indigenous students.
Who are the IYDP Schools in the Townsville Catholic Diocese?
Current Education Providers:
1) Ryan Catholic College, Townsville (Co-Ed, Day school only)
Web address: www.ryan.catholic.edu.au
2) St Margaret Mary’s College, Townsville (Girls, Day school only)
Web address: www.smmc.catholic.edu.au
3) Gilroy Santa Maria College, Ingham (Co-Ed, Day school only)
Web address: www.gilroysm.catholic.edu.au
4) St Teresa’s College, Abergowrie (Boys, Day & Boarding)
Web address: www.abergowrie.catholic.edu.au
5) Columba Catholic College, Charters Towers (Co-Ed, Day & Boarding)
Web address: www.columba.catholic.edu.au
6) Good Shepherd Catholic College, Mt Isa (Co-Ed, Day school only)
Web address: www.goodshepherd.catholic.edu.au
7) Burdekin Catholic High School, Ayr (Co-Ed, Day)
Web address: www.bchs.tsv.catholic.edu.au
8) St Catherine’s Catholic College, Proserpine (Co-Ed, Day)
Web address: www.prspne.catholic.edu.au
9) St Anthony’s Catholic College, Townsville (Co-Ed, Day)
Web address: www.sacc.catholic.edu.au
10) Southern Cross Catholic School, Townsville (Co-Ed, Day)
Web address: www.sctsv.catholic.edu.au
For further information contact:
Project Officer - Indigenous Youth Development Program
(07) 4773 0900