STATEMENT OF POLICY
We are committed to the employment of qualified, capable staff who will confidently share in the educational ministry of the Church in the Townsville Diocese.
This policy assists in the employment of staff in the service of Catholic Schools, providing a clear understanding of employer and employee responsibilities.
This Policy reflects the important principles and practices for employment of staff in Catholic Schools, acknowledging the diverse geographical and cultural contexts of Catholic School across the Diocese.
With the gospel values of love, justice and reconciliation as its driving force, the Townsville Catholic Education Office will:
- As a priority, employ qualified staff who will support the Church in its ministries to Catholic schooling.
- Before employment, the applicant must read and accept the requirement of the Position Statement for Employment in Catholic Schools and the Townsville Catholic Education Office Staff Code of Conduct.
- The Catholic Education Office will provide opportunities for professional development and formation in ministry for staff who accept employment in a Catholic school
- Employment practices will be fair, just and will include adherence to industrial and legislative requirements.
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld)
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Commonwealth)
- Workplace Gender Equity Act 2012 (Commonwealth)
- Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 (Commonwealth)
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Commonwealth)
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Commonwealth)
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Commonwealth)
Queensland Catholic Education Commission documentation
- A Guide to Develop a Framework for Staff Formation in Catholic Schools in Queensland (August 2012)
- Formation for Staff Members in Catholic Schools (February 2010)
Townsville Catholic Education Office documentation
- Position Statement for Employment in Catholic Schools
- Townsville Catholic Education Office Staff Code of Conduct.
|Policy Number||DEC 01_15||Date originally accepted||August, 2009|
|Approved by||Diocesan Education Council||Date Update||12 May, 2015|