Copyright Compliance Resources for Schools
Please refer below for a number of links to Townsville Catholic Education Office Copyright documentation. These documents are designed to support schools in the implementation of procedures that will assist the school and its staff to meet their Copyright Compliance obligations. Additional fact sheets about Copyright issues can be downloaded from the Smartcopying website.
Remembering the five Ls can also help schools to manage the risks and costs associated with using other people's content:
- Look for Open Education Resources and use those as much as possible.
- Link instead of copying whenever this is an option.
- Limit the amount copies to what is actually needed for educational purposes.
- Label the content with the details of its author, owner, source and the basis on which you are copying it.
- Later delete or archive the content once you no longer require it for educational purposes. (Flushing)