Townsville Catholic Education is a community of 30 Catholic schools serving the Townsville Diocese. It includes the City of Townsville, one of the most rapidly developing urban areas in Australia.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We strive to employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. We are looking for employees who are willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school communities.
Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission, and we have an emphasis on caring and supporting teachers in working with students.
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after seven (7) years of continuous service
- Fourteen (14) Weeks’ Paid Maternity Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Orientation and induction programs
- Leadership development programs
- Modern facilities and equipment
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
- A place in a team dedicated to quality Catholic education.
Benefits specific to teachers
Our teachers are valued and enjoy the many benefits of working with the second largest system of schools in Queensland. Some benefits include:
- parity of wages with our state school colleagues
- middle leadership structures in our secondary and Prep-12 colleges
- scholarship programs for further study
- Remote Area Incentives including cash and non-salary benefits (see Living and Working in the West)