To register for employment with Townsville Catholic Education (TCE), please lodge your details through our Careers Online Service.
What is the application process?
You will be required to complete an application form outlining:
- Current details with updated contact information
- Desired teaching locations
- Employment preferences
- Copies of current qualifications and identification
- 2 x contactable professional referees
Upon receipt of your online application, you will receive an automated email which contains a link to the mandatory online Student Protection Training. Once this is completed, your 2 nominated professional referees will be contacted, upon receiving one favourable report supporting your application, the application will progress to the document check and identification stage.
If TCE requires further documentation or identification, you will be contacted directly, the application cannot progress without the required documentation.
If the above items are finalised, TCE will generate a Casual Employment Contract endorsed by the TCEO Executive Director or Delegate, this contract will be emailed to the candidate for review and acceptance by signing.
The application process will be finalised once TCE receives the signed contract from the candidate. All approved candidates will be logged as active to Townsville Catholic Education Supply Relief Teacher resource list and third party booking system - Class Cover.
The Supply Relief resource list is available online to Principals within the Townsville Diocese. The resource list contains current contact information such as address and telephone number. TCEO also provide to ALL Principals your teaching preferences if they have been provided, the areas/regions you are prepared to teach in/travel to and any other details such as specific days you may be available for teaching.
Before you commence your application please have the following documents ready to upload:
- Proof of working rights in the form of a birth certificate or passport or Australian citizenship certificate or valid working visa
- Photo identification (e.g. drivers licence or passport)
- Qualifications or official academic transcript
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- If applicable, documents explaining any change to your name
Your application for employment will be kept active until December of each year. We will email you at the end of each year to confirm your interest for the following year.
For further information please contact the Recruitment Team, 4773 0900 or email@example.com.