Employment in a Catholic School in the Townsville Diocese
When the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart arrived in Townsville in 1873 to establish the town’s first Catholic school, they could not have imagined this small foundation helped establish an organisation that now employs over 2,400 staff, teaching more than 13,500 children in 30 Catholic schools across North Queensland.
Townsville Catholic Education covers an area across 434,400 square kilometres, extending from Townsville on the Coast, to the Whitsunday and Burdekin regions in the South and North to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Catholic Education is flourishing within the Townsville Diocese, with a strong sense of community within each school and parish.
Choose the Catholic school difference.