More pages in this section
Townsville Catholic Education is committed to ensuring safe school environments for all students, with a focus on the critical area of student welfare.
Townsville Catholic Education has a comprehensive Student Protection program for all staff (teachers, school support staff and office staff) in the Diocese. This extensive program includes:
- Student Protection Policy to ensure student safety and legislation compliance
- Student Protection training and manual for all staff on their appointment and every calendar.
- safe students. bright futures. for teachers and students
safe students. bright futures.
Our program aims to promote the importance of feeling safe at all times. Every school in the Diocese has designated "Safe Persons" with whom students can discuss any concerns about things that happen at
safe students. bright futures. also includes a program of lessons and activities for every grade incorporating
View our video on Student Protection in Townsville Catholic Schools
“The Townsville Catholic Education intends to comply fully with the relevant legislative requirements current within the State of Queensland. We also intend to comply fully with the commitment to the Principles and Procedures of “Towards Healing” (December 2000) that deals with responding to complaints of abuse against personnel of the Catholic Church of Australia. Townsville Catholic Education is also committed to ensuring high principles and standards for those who are involved in the Church’s Ministry of Education.”
Jacqui Francis – Executive Director, Townsville Catholic Education Office
Townsville Catholic Education is committed to ensuring a safe school environment for all students, with a focus on the critical area of student welfare. All schools in the Townsville Catholic Diocese have a comprehensive Student Protection program for all staff (teachers, school support staff and office staff) in the Diocese.
- Townsville Catholic Education Student Protection Processes
- Townsville Catholic Education Student Protection Record of Complaint
- Child & Youth Risk Management Strategy
- Diocesan Education Council Student Protection Policy
- Catholic Diocese of Townsville Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy
More detailed information is available from the Townsville Catholic Education Office, by contacting
Katherine Olsen - Student Protection Coordinator on 07 4773 0900 or via email email@example.com
Christie Sinclair - Student Protection Officer on 07 4773 0900 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Alyse Howard - Student Protection Officer on 07 4773 0900 or via email@example.com