More pages in this section
Systemic Catholic schools in the Townsville Diocese strive to ensure that each student can experience the joy of learning and achieve success as a learner, guided by teachers who are inspired by Jesus Christ. This vision for systemic Catholic schooling will build on our traditions and expertise and embrace new possibilities.
Through collaboration, co-responsibility, diversity and on-going renewal of mission and purpose, our Catholic schools will plan for a future that is hope-filled and sustainable.
which inspires each student's high expectations.
- Knowing our students and how they learn.
- Creating inviting and inclusive learning environments that dignify all learners.
- Engaging with evidence to know the impact of teaching and improve
An experience of
Faith and Mission
which enriches student’s lives and futures.
- Enhancing and celebrating our Catholic identity.
- Encouraging dialogue between our students’ personal context and what the Catholic Church believes, celebrates, lives and prays.
- Educating and forming students who are challenged to live the gospel of Jesus and become literate in the broader Christian tradition.
which inspires all to witness the Mission.
- Creating meaningful pathways and formation for leadership.
- Deepening the spiritual, scriptural and theological capacity of our staff in leadership roles.
- Recognising and developing leaders in professional practice.
practices which prioritise care and dignity for all.
- Creating safe, collaborative, inclusive and welcoming learning environments.
- Connecting with key health and wellbeing agencies to enable a proactive, coordinated and impactful response to manage risk and increase wellbeing.
- Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learners to reach their full potential.
to foster community.
- Developing a talented, committed and high performance culture through attracting, supporting and retaining high-achieving employees.
- Building the capability of all staff to achieve supportive, professional relationships.
- Providing safe, welcoming and collaborative working environments.
to manage stewardship of resources.
- Striving for system-wide initiatives and improvements that align with best practice.
- Strengthening responsibility mechanisms through accountable and transparent measures.
- Using resources sustainably by caring for our natural and built environment.