The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 came into effect in 2014 and amended the Privacy Act 1988.
Schools in the Townsville Catholic Diocese have adopted and are bound by the thirteen (13) Australian Privacy Principles established by the Federal Privacy Commission and set out in the Act. These principles cover:
- Consideration of personal information privacy
- Collection of personal information
- Dealing with personal information
- Integrity of personal information
- Access to, and correction of, personal information
What has changed?
The types of information we collect remains consistent. The amendments to the Privacy Act has ensured we have reviewed the way we collect information, how it is stored and the accuracy of that information. We are committed to ensuring we are compliant and respectful of the information that you share with us at enrolment time and during the course of our students’ education.
Please contact your school Principal.