More pages in this section
Guidance Counsellors are dedicated to providing counselling, student support, classroom support and assessment services to all Catholic schools across the Townsville Diocese.
Through their collaboration with Catholic Education Office, school leadership personnel, teachers, parents and students the following services may be available:
- Support to school staff to assist with planning and programming strategies for students who require significant adjustments to their learning.
- Support for students with disabilities - this may include seeking external assistance and access to personalised learning.
- Developing behaviour support strategies for students in collaboration with school staff and parents.
- Liaising with staff from the Inclusive Education team to promote a multidisciplinary approach to support positive outcomes for our students.
- Facilitating counselling to students with personal, social and emotional needs.
- Liaising with health professionals to meet student needs which may include referral to external agencies for additional support and mental health assessment.
- Facilitating and administering appropriate assessments.
- Providing professional development to staff regarding student health and wellbeing and classroom support.
- Providing parent information regarding student educational needs and wellbeing.
- Assisting with school planning in relation to important student transitions, key pastoral issues and development over their schooling.